'Buying Philippines Property – Download a free sample chapter!Buying Philippines Property 2010 - Download the table of contents or buy this 2-volume eBook at our online store for just $US19.95.
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Girls struck by food poisoning
Several NZ girls were struck by food poisoning after eating in a ChangMai food market, in Thailand. One of them is already dead, and the other two are recovering in hospital. Food preparation standards are not high in Indo-China, so I suggest if you are eating in such markets in Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam or Laos, you observe a high level of caution, and know exactly where your closest international hospital is because the doctors are idiots (in rural area particularly).
I ate at a local food store. It was owned by the parents of a girl I had met. I met with all their friends at their English school. I was concerned, but got food poisoning regardless. I broken into a bad sweat. I went to a local clinic, but no one spoke English, and the doctor seemed to have no idea. I thought I had some iodine difficiency because I had some discolouration on my skin, but that was just an old bruise :)
Anyway, I jumped on the first bus to Hanoi and went to the international hospital and was attended to by an American doctor. Problem resolved straight away.
"feedback" in our blog for stories of success by customers of our previous reports. Japan Foreclosed Property 2011 - 2012 eBook - Download a copy of the table of contents or purchase from online store for just $US19.95.